Cortner Architectural Company specializes in providing architectural services throughout the Inland Northwest in the commercial, education, healthcare, and transportation sectors. We are presently looking for a dynamic team player for the Project Architect and Job Captain position.
Project architects are responsible for the coordination and oversight of the construction documentation and administration process from schematic design through contract administration and project closeout. They are responsible for leading the technical team, including in-house staff and external consultants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead team and client meetings
· Create and manage the production of construction drawings for bidding and construction
· Organize and direct the design team to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and coordinated manner
· Ensure construction drawings are program, code and agency compliant
· Provide input to the design and construction schedule and conduct product research
· Provide technical expertise and ensure coordinated, high quality construction documents
· Conduct construction administration activities (site visits, RFI responses, submittal reviews)
· Inspire, develop, and mentor architectural design staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong working knowledge of technical design and building code and agency requirements
· Strong verbal, written, graphic communication, and organization skills
· Proven ability to function in all phases of the project from schematic design through project closeout
· Passion for providing exceptional client service
· Positive, energetic and fun team player who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
· Self-motivated, independent thinker with the ability to work as a part of a team
· Highly skilled in AutoCAD and proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
· Architectural License, State of Washington
· BS Architecture, 6-8 years of experience
Please provide a letter of interest and references with resume.